Monday, January 27, 2014

1 Peter 5:7-8a

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be self-controlled and alert." (1 Peter 5:7-8a)

Cast all your anxiety…
     Every worry
     Every negative thought
     Every "I have to fill this craving!"

Because he cares for you…
     God cares for ME!!!
     God cares… he knows me… he wants to help me… he loves me
     God doesn't want to see me worried/upset/anxious

Be self-controlled…
     Don't listen to the voices inside my head
     Don't listen to the cravings
     Think things through!

Be alert…
     Pay attention to how I am feeling
     Pay attention to what is going on around me
     Pay attention to the temptations that have been placed before me
 

2 comments:

  1. This is great how you broke the verse down..."Verse Mapping"! I love to do this and read it with back with more strength and power! Thanks so much for sharing with us all today :) Cindy-OBS Small Group Leader

    ReplyDelete