Friday, January 24, 2014

Free From Captivity

"Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.  I will be found by you" declares the Lord, "and will bring you back from captivity."  (Jeremiah 29:12-14)

I keep coming back to this scripture this week… it is sitting on my heart… it is resonating with me and this journey that I am on.

God will listen to me when….
     …. I call upon him
     …. I come to him
     …. I pray

I will find God when….
     …. I seek him will all my  heart

When I find God….
     …. He will bring me out of the captivity that I am living in.

What is the captivity that I am living in?
     …. Unhealthy food choices
     …. Overeating
     …. Food food food

Oh how I want to be free of this battle!  Oh how I want to be free of this captivity!!  I don't want to have to live this way anymore.  I don't want to be a slave to food for one more day!!!  I want to be free!  And to do that, I need to seek God with all of my heart so that I can find him… focus on him… crave God in all areas of my life.

So I am seeking God… focusing on him to fill my needs… fill the voids that are in me.  Craving God!


No comments:

Post a Comment